Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Aizan Resurrection

I'm sorry..I can't do it..I can't wait. We survived the Apocalypse people!! That's gotta earn us something, right? Why should I wait till January 1st to give you a taste of Aizan's new look? Well, here it is. Like I told you, just minor tweaks. Let me know what you guys think.


Now, as some of you may or may not know, my Aizan project was recently held up due to a copyright dispute-- an artist claimed that Aizan was too similar to a character of his design. Well, after all this waiting, the case has moved on. And I pray to God this is the end of it. 

What does this mean for Aizan overall? It means Aizan will still be published!! Obviously the original publication date is completely obliterated, but the new release date is set for MAY 1ST, 2013! 
Why so long? Well, I have no choice but to go back to the very beginning and rework all of the artwork and product I spent so many months prepping. I'm also working with the guest artists who would have contributed to the book to have new/revised artwork included. In addition, the story has been re-worked a little as well. This new date will give me and the team all the time needed to recover from this roadblock. This will be a rough road, but I'm committed to seeing this through. That is the essence of Aizan.

I want to thank all of you guys for your incredible patience. I can't say thank you enough to everyone who sent me a word of encouragement..to everyone who offered to donate money to help me out..just an amazing show of love. Thank you all. I'm even grateful for this ordeal...how else will you know what you're made of if you don't fall once and awhile?

Now, one last thing. Like I said, I really am sick of this and I personally don't want to talk more about the matter. I also personally don't want to give this guy anymore attention, but I've had people asking me to see the character in question as well as ask who was the artist and  what more details can I touch on. I won't speak on it more here, but for those of you interested, a good friend of mine by the name of Kamau Mshale, wrote two amazing blogs about the whole thing, with pictures of the character in question. They're really quite insightful and done with a fair, analytical tone. If you want to find out more, I'm sending you his way. While you're there, stick around cause he's a great artist and will be featured in the Aizan book.
Part 1: http://kmshale.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-barrel-of-crabs-pt.html
Part 2: http://kmshale.blogspot.com/2012/12/thats-just-nasssty.html

And that's that. Thank you once again and I'll see you all soon.

Cheers everyone.

"You're fire, I'm butane.."- Nas

1 comment: