Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

P.O.D Day 6 "Knightseeker 19"

Happy Sunday(or whenever you're reading this), and welcome to Day 6 of my "Artpiece-of-the-Day" goal. Every day in the month of October I'll be posting  a new piece of art plus providing some behind the scene sketches and commentary. Each pic will be as "complete" as I can make it, depending on what was called for with the project, meaning some pieces may be more elaborate than others, but the ultimate goal here is for me to be more productive.
Today features a piece done for the new Knightseeker illustrated novel written by Eric Cooper.
www.knightseeker.com



 This is Chapter 19 entitled "Disturbing Call". The description was:

(Single Scene) Setting: Ethan’s apartment living room.
Action: GUILLOTINE aiming FUSION BARREL of weapons staff at KNIGHT SEEKER. KNIGHT SEEKER aiming TRI-BLADE SWORD at GUILLOTINE.
LT. DIAZ aiming SHOTGUN at KNIGHT SEEKER. SGT. FLEMINGS aiming BOTH GLOCK PISTOLS at GUILLOTINE.

This one didn't come together right away, and I had to go through a lot of sketches to get what I wanted. Here are a few.



 
All in all the project itself was a fun one. This is the third(!) illustrated novel Cooper has dropped, and I've been lucky enough to have been Art Director for the last two books now. In addition to being AD, I'm also an artist for some of the chapters, primary designer as well as cover artist for all 3 books.
Shout out to Eric for the opportunity. See my last blog for more Knightseeker art.
http://shawnah-lean.blogspot.com/2013/10/pod-day-5-knightseeker.html 
 
As always, thanks for reading and I hope you continue to follow me on this path of me seeking to be a better artist and more productive artist. Feel free to give any critiques or comments. Catch you tomorrow God willing.

Peace.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment